Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Summer Begins

Since my last post, my brother and sister-in-law had their son, whose name is James David Robinson, my dad's name is David and I am sure that he is beaming to know his first grandson is named after him as well as my brother. My niece seems to be settling in well with having a new brother, she has been so excited to show him off to me. The first time I skyped with her she kept telling me "Look Jenny, this is my new brother" and would proceed to give him a big kiss!

She is going to be such a big help to Jason and Brooke and is probably the best child to be an older sister right now. I am going to go up and visit them around June 25 which will be Grace's third birthday. Grace is the first person that I have ever made a quilt for and I have to say I am really proud of the fact that I completed one. It has a number of fun fabrics that I had in my stash icluding some with Elmo and Zoe. I have recently discovered Wonder Under and so decided to put her name on the quilt and it came out really good. There is fleece on the back per request from my sister-in-law and its green with ladybugs. I cannot wait to take it up to her so she can use it to sleep with or play with and keep for the rest of her life.

Back in March, I decided to make a lifestyle change that has taken me on a wonderful journey so far. A number of friends here in Saint Augustine have been doing Weight Watchers and explained to me how easy it is. I didnt really want to believe it but seeing the results of friends I decided it might be the thing that I need. Since I signed up in March and including a month off break during the end of the semester, I have lost a total of 10 pounds! My next goal is to lose anther 10 pounds by July 4, and I believe it is an achievable goal if I really put my mind to it. I can already see the difference in my body and cant wait to eventually reach my goal weight in a year or two. For now I am nannying here and sewing/crafting as much as I can. More posts more often to come!

Untill my next adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment