Saturday, February 20, 2010

Oh Math Class!

My adventures sometimes take me past ust knitting as it did today. I had to write a poem for my math class on anything that I wanted but I had to use 12 math terms out of a whole list that were given to us by the teacher. I knew I wanted to write a poem based on knitting since its something that seems to draw a lot of attention expecially since I am young.
Here is the poem I wrote:

KNITTING

A hobby in which the ratio of young to old
Is definitely a story to be told
The skewed views of the world
Are views that need to be unfurled.

Knitting is not for the faint of heart
It is a hobby that is really a work of art
Circular knitting needles and I-Chords
Are definitely not something to be ignored

The formula for getting a project complete
Starts with a graph that needs to be neat
Next you must decide on what yarn to use
It’s not that simple so be careful what you choose

Next you must pick the right needle size
Circular, straight, or double pointed you must be wise
Casting on is what you do first
You need to keep your lines straight or you might be cursed

Once you get to the midpoint of your project
You will need to take a moment to reflect
Check everything before moving on
Or else all your work might end up gone

The proof will be in your work
You will most likely be so satisfied you will smirk
The positive praise you receive
Will leave others to finally believe

Knitting is not only for the old
It is for all ages who dare to be bold!

No comments:

Post a Comment