Friday, February 19, 2010

School and Knitting

So its been a while since I have written on this thing, and even though I doubt that anyone reads this thing since I only have two other posts, I figured I would still write on here.

Last Thursday I started my first ever very big project, which is the February Lady Sweater in a nice pink color. I have so far complete the whole collar and have started on the actual lace work for the body. I am suprised at how fast I am going and originially decided that I would be able to complete this in three weeks but looking at it again I am not so sure that would be possible, but I knit fast so we shall see. I guess the race begins.

I am also working on two other scarves right now, one for my roomate which I have been working on for a while and will not take that long to complete but its such a simple pattern that I seem to get bored very easily. Another scarf that I am working on is a beautiful orange scarf from a friend that I hadn't heard from in a long time. It seems that knitting brings people into your life that you didnt even remember existed because all of sudden, they want this and they want that to be made for them, and it seems like you become popular for a split second, only to realize that the reason you are becoming popular is because you are knitting, which in and of itself could be considered, not cool.

School is hectic but i still manage to find time to knit, especially in the classrooms where all they do is lecture I find myself sitting in the back knitting because honestly its the only way I can concentrate.
I should probably end this now as I have to go and prepare a lesson to teach to kindergartners on simple math. Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment