Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weddings and Babies

Since I have been home this summer which has been about two months now (its going by so fast and I just cant believe it) I have attended two weddings and one baby shower. I just cant believe that I am getting to that age when people I know are getting married and having children. Anyways its happening so congratulations to Julia and Chris and Sylvia and Jon on their marriages and to Rob and Meg who are expecting a little girl who they will name Aubrey. Needless to say I have been to target my fair share of times with a blue registry in hand wondering the aisles looking for gifts to give. So if you see me wondering around with blue sheets in Target just let me be as I am trying to strategically purchase a gift in time to get home and wrap it and get to the even since I am a last minute shopper.

So with that out of the way, I haven't been knitting too much. I did receive my Imagination yarn and casted on and am working (slowly) on the beanie for my friends mom and hoping that it is going to fit as it is looking a wee bit small right now, but I have faith it will fit. Below is a picture of they yarn I am using.



Since I am home and not in the dorms I am able to have an ample amount of space to do all of my hobbies which include sewing. While I lived in the dorms I would look at blog after blog and one day stumbled upon this lovely tutorial for an adorable shirt and told my room ate who was near me that I was going to be making this shirt when I got home. TUTORIAL: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=791. The people over at Sew Mama Sew gave a wonderful tutorial and it was so easy to follow and since I hadn't sewn in a while and usually didn't have the best track record for making things, I was so glad when this beauty turned out so well. I have received so many comments on it and it is something so comfortable that I am wearing it about twice a week now in the summer.




Today is Father's Day and so for my daddy I decided to scrapbook his military career which consisted of 22 years and I had a really nice scrapbook and a good amount of pictures to search through I made it in a week and crunched time in last night and this morning to get it complete. He really liked it and even though I need to add at least two more pictures it still looked really good.

That's all for now === off to more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment