Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cutting and Cutting

Today is the day that I decided to start my first ever quilt! I normally get up around 7 on Sunday morning and get ready for the 1st service at my church, but being out very late last night I decided that I was going to go to the later 2nd service. My goal was to sleep in so I could get the rest I need for a very busy and long week but my body had other plans. I got up early not to my choice and since I was not going to go to 1st service I needed to find something to do for the few hours I have left over. I have been toying with the idea of making a quilt for a long time, after I made the skirt for my niece I loved the whole cutting and piecing together of fabrics to make something so beautiful. I finally found a quilt that I wanted to make and decided to start this morning. I am using a lot of fabric that was in my niece's skirt but I still have a lot of fabric to get and cut. For the border however the quilt calls for 430 2.5" squares, so I feel like I am going to be cutting and cutting for a long time.

Until Next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment